Topic: "Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files"
When running reports, newer versions of Internet Explorer will sometimes give the message "Internet Explorer has blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. If you would like to download these files anyway, click here". Unfortunately this renders the files impossible to download, because clicking the bar will re-run the report and show the message again. To fix this, follow these steps:
1) Open a new Internet Explorer window
2) If the Menu Bar (File, Edit, View, Favourites etc) is not visible, right click the blank area beside the first tab and click "Menu Bar".
3) Click the Tools menu, then Internet Options
4) Select the Security tab
5) Select "Trusted sites", then click the "Sites" button. In the window that pops up, ensure https://titan.skillsense.com is in the list, or add it
6) Close the Trusted Sites dialog, and under "Security level for this zone", make sure the slider is set to "Medium-low".
7) To ensure that the settings are now correct, click "Custom level", and scroll down to "Downloads" (about 1/3 of the way down). "Automatic prompting for file downloads" should be set to "Disable", and File Download should be set to "Enable". If you need to change these settings, you will end up with "Custom settings" instead of "Medium-low". Click OK.
You may need to restart Internet Explorer or Windows for this to take effect.
Manager, Technology Development
(800) 518-4326 ext. 101